Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Curried lentils recipe

Due to popular demand (okay, one person asked), here is the recipe for the curried lentils I was raving about a while ago:

Step 1.
Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes:
1 c. lentils
1 1/2 c. water
2 beef boullion cubues
1 bay leaf
1 t. salt

Step 2.
Saute together:
1/4 c. margarine
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

Add:
1 t. salt
1-2 T. curry powder

Fry briefly. Add to step 1 with:
2 T. lemon juice
chopped parsley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,

this is odd, but I was searching curried lentil recipes and came across your blog.

I was even more excited to see that you are a planner, geographer and kayaker in BC!!

I am all of those things too! Although I am not on the island.

would love to chat more if you're willing :)
I love to hear about other young planner's experiences.

michelle

michellehoogland85@hotmail.com