I have just changed into my cozy red fleece pants and am drinking Bengal Spice, after a bit of investigative reporting in "Little Mountain - Riley Park", my neighbourhood. First, I would like to show you my newly rearranged living room. It was Naomi's doing, with minor adjustments from me, and I just love it. It's much cozier than it was before. It looks especially nice when the sun is shining in, which happens rather infrequently.
I live a few houses from Fraser Street, home to a thriving community that I don't understand. I don't know what half of the things are at the little grocery stores dotted along the street, and I can't read half of the signs that are (I think) in Philipino. It's very interesting, really.
At the corner of Fraser at 29th (my street) is the creatively-named "Fraser 29th Market". There are lots of vegetables here, and a limited supply of anything typically North-American. I am going to try the cheese flavoured ice cream one day. Just sounds so strange.
A block down near 28th is this thrift store. It is the craziest thing ever, totally jam packed. You can't even walk along some of the aisles because the shelves have spilled over onto the floor. It hasn't been open for at least two months, however, and I am worried about the woman who runs it. I wish I had some way of finding out if she is okay.

I decided to take a walk through the cemetery to get away from all the buildings for a while. It made me really sad to be walking though there. Not to be flippant, but there is quite a beautiful view. This is looking at the North Shore mountains with downtown at the foot of them. If only we could actually see these mountains more than a few days a month in the winter...
I decided to take a walk through the cemetery to get away from all the buildings for a while. It made me really sad to be walking though there. Not to be flippant, but there is quite a beautiful view. This is looking at the North Shore mountains with downtown at the foot of them. If only we could actually see these mountains more than a few days a month in the winter...
1 comment:
When we go thrift store shopping we are buying the cheese flavoured ice cream. So there.
Bri
Post a Comment