Saturday, December 29, 2007

Lucky Live Music

Still at home for the holidays, a few of us went out to Lucky Bar last night for a Joel Plaskett concert. I know him thanks to my CBC radio 3 habit, and was thrilled to see him live for the first time. It was just him, without his band, because he's spending Christmas with his in-laws in Brentwood Bay and thought he might as well play a couple of concerts while he's here. I love live music because it's more personal, especially at a small venue like Lucky. Joel Plaskett's stage banter is a bit dorky, and the music is probably better with the whole band, but it was still fantastic to see him live.

One of my New Years resolutions is to try to see more live music.

Ps. He's heading on tour in Australia in January if anyone is interested...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel Plaskett - me jealous!
One day, when I'm done growing up, I'll go to a concert. *sigh*


I heart Radio3, too. I often listen to it when I'm working in my office at home. It's a smart website - we use the playlist option a lot.

-jessica

Kyle said...

Hmmm...